Monday, April 28, 2008

Baseball season

Our cute Little Matty getting ready to play T-ball for the first time with his team
Matty being a saddy cakes while playing T-ball
He may be a stinker at times but he sure looks cute in his baseball hat
This summer Matty is old enough to be playing t-ball. We signed him up under this smart start program. We got him a t-ball set for Easter and have worked really hard on getting him excited to play so for the past week or so t-ball is all he could talk about...that and his bestest friend Keirra. Saturday was his first game at 11:00. We showed up, early for once in my life and it turned out to be just a practice instead of a game. I guess they teach them the basics before they actually play. They showed the kids how to throw, catch, grounders, and how to hit. It was so fun but I think Hallie had more fun watching all the kids playing than Matt had actually playing. He was kinda a boob about it and sat down in the middle of it all because he was too tired to catch the ball. It was kind of embarrassing but I didn't want to take him home because he didn't want to finish...I wasn't going to let him think that if something gets hard you can cry to get out of it. I was a tough mom and made him stay. He finally got back up and finished playing and ended up having a great time. He can't wait till next week but hopefully Tom or Chris can go and help me out.

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I agree he is super cute in the hat! and who cares if he boobs my girls boob about soccer all the time but one day when they realize they like sports they will thank you:) I think!

TheTandyFamily said...

I agree too, he does look super cute in his hat! What is fun about this age is you can let them try all kinds of different things to see what they like best. I agree with you though, sometimes you have to give them a little push. What a cute mom you are!!