

On Saturday we were coming home from our fabulous 4th of July celebration in Kanab and as we were driving past the Chapel in Santa Clara there was a funeral going on inside , I thought to myself wow how sad, I am glad that I don't have a funeral to go to today. We drove the rest of the way home and didn't think too much more more about the funeral and we got ready for the day. I had to take Tom back into town for work and when I got home I went to feed the dogs, Bella and Ebony. I could see the dogs just laying there Ebony in the shade and Bella was in the sun like always, sunbathing is what we called it, as I got closer I hollered to the dogs but only Ebony jumped up. I thought that was strange because she is the deaf one and usually Bella hears us coming from a mile away. I just kept hollering to them but she never jumped up. As soon as I got the kennel I could see that she was never going to jump up, she wasn't breathing. I fell apart. I started crying and hollering her name. I guess I was really loud because my two neighbors, Ben and Shellie came running over to help me. I couldn't pull myself together, Bella our little dog was dead and it broke my heart! Bella was Tom's dog since before we got married. She was the one that he came home to, he raised her from a puppy and she was his best friend and his family. We all loved Bella. How was I going to tell Tom?! I couldn't! I wasn't sure what to do...maybe wait till he got home from work and try to pretend that nothing was wrong or should I call him right now, I had no idea what to do. I called Barbara first of all to see if she could help me know what was the right thing to do but I was such a mess we thought it would be best to have her tell Tom. Tom called me a few minutes later and said he was on his way home. He was heart broken I could tell but was also really mad. I had never heard him like this he never shows that much emotion. When he got home my eyes were all red and swollen and so were his. His heart was broken and there was nothing I could do about it. He went outside to get her and as soon as he saw her laying there he started to cry and was trying to get her to wake up. It was so hard to watch him have to go through this. He wrapped her in one of his blankets and then went to find a good place to bury her. We decided to put her in the front yard under a big tree so she would always have shade. She was always trying to get in the front yard and was always coming up with new ways to get there so we thought it would be fitting to bury her there. Tom dug the hole and I went to buy balloons to let go in honor of her. We told Matty that we let off balloons so she would have them to play with up in Heaven. We said things that we loved about her and covered her up. It was just as hard as burying someone in our family, she was part of our family. We loved her so much and we always will. Our hearts hurt when we think of her being gone but we will always have the memories of her, good and bad. We will miss her barking at night even though it bugged us and the neighbors when she did but at this point I don't know if there is anything that either one of us wouldn't do to just hear her bark again. We love you Bella and we already miss you so much!
6 comments:
I am so sorry!! Our dogs really do become a part of our family, and it is equally as hard to say goodbye to them. I hope that you guys are feeling a little better. I will be thinking about you.
Wow Aubs I am so sorry!! That must have been so so hard. Is Tommy ok now? I bet it was hard telling matt too. I wish I could've helped some how. I am so sorry u had to be the one to find her too. Well if it matters I definately think good dogs like Bella do go to Heaven. I love u guys
I am so sorry, and I know that doesn't make anyone feel better, but please give Tom a big hug from one person who has lost their friend and dog before. I totally understand the heartache, and pain he is feeling. Some people think that it's just a dog but I know that she was more than that, and that she was someone that can never be replaced. Do you remember when Bridget died, it was the first time I ever saw dad cry, after Maggie died I totally understood that "just a dog" is so much more. And I do think all dogs go to Heaven and I'd like to think that Bella has just met some really great friends- Sport, Maggie, Mytae and all the other dogs we've loved.
I am so sorry, and I know that doesn't make anyone feel better, but please give Tom a big hug from one person who has lost their friend and dog before. I totally understand the heartache, and pain he is feeling. Some people think that it's just a dog but I know that she was more than that, and that she was someone that can never be replaced. Do you remember when Bridget died, it was the first time I ever saw dad cry, after Maggie died I totally understood that "just a dog" is so much more. And I do think all dogs go to Heaven and I'd like to think that Bella has just met some really great friends- Sport, Maggie, Mytae and all the other dogs we've loved. Love Cass
I am so sorry! It is never easy losing someone that you love. Whether it is a dog, a cat or a person. I wonder what happened to her? That is odd that she was just gone like that. When our dog Tim ended up missing it broke my heart. The kids always talk about him. We will always miss them but we will be ok. Please give tommy my love and let him know that I am thinking of him. All my love to you guys!!!!!!
ohhh thats soo sad im soo sorry..
i remember how much tom loved that dog!!
haha well im thinkin of you guys!!
and yes aubrie they ALL GO TO HEAVEN!!
Post a Comment