Tuesday, March 17, 2009

breaking points and saving grace

I am thinking that I am at my breaking point as far as kids being sick. Hallie has been sick since our trip to Florida clear back in November. She started puking the day we left and had been puking up until about a month ago, we had another month break and last night it started up again. We took her to the doctor a few times, even had tests done to try to find out what is going on with her but nothing...NOTHING! They cannot find a single thing wrong with her. She has lost weight twice, she is not sickly skinny by any means (that's why we call her cupcake) but she has lost weight 2 times. WOW, what are we going to do?! She has a fever of the last time I checked 102.7 and all the doctors can tell me is give her lots of fluids, and to rotate Motrin and Tylenol every 4 hours. I am really concerned about my daughter and the doctors aren't. Does anyone have any advice for me? Hallie just wants to sit on the couch, cuddle and watch YO GABBA GABBA all day long. Thank goodness for our DVR or I'd really be up a creek w/out yo gabba gabba but I cannot do anything without her crying, asking me come back and sit there with her. I want to be there with her but I cannot sit there all day, if I have to watch that show one more time today I will scream! We finished up watching what felt like the millionth episode and she got up off the couch walked into the pantry, pointed and grunted towards the play dough bin. YES, I get a break to maybe wash my face or actually brush my teeth for the 1st time today, yes it is terribly disgusting that I have not done either one of those 2 things today so that should tell you how this day has been.

Thank you to the people that created play dough, because of them I have a little bit of saving grace although it only lasted long enough for me to wash my face brush my teeth and throw in a load of laundry, thank you play dough people!
Thank you to Target who had this ginormous bucket of play dough on sale last year.

This lasted for about 5 mins but this whole day was worth just to see her so happy!
I hope she feels better soon, poor baby!


5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Gosh I hope she doesn't have what my kids had!! Poor thing my kids ran a constant fever for 5-6 days and they were so sick and just didn't want to move really. Sop if it is the same it will just run its course but man does it suck oh and Lily got an ear infection with hers, so watch for that too. Good luck I hope play-doh helps you out tomarrow too

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have no advice except just hang in there. That is so hard to have sick kids that long, and so sad for Hallie! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have no advice except just hang in there. That is so hard to have sick kids that long, and so sad for Hallie! Good luck. Amy

Kelli said...

That is not fun, I wish I had some advice for you. I can be empathetic because I really do know what it is like to have a kid who is constantly sick and losing weight. Hopefully she will get better soon!

tikichikadee said...

Aubrey,
Hang in there. Keep her hydrated and make a dart board with a few Doctor's faces on it. :)
Have Tom watch the kiddos and take a walk or a bath or go cram your face with ice cream...whatever feels best to you. There are days when you just need to say "I'm done, I'm clocking out for a while" and you very much deserve it.