Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Soccer


Last week Matt's team had it's 1st soccer game. I have one word to sum up the whole game...
HILARIOUS!
They had the first kick off and then they just stood there, nobody on our team ran for the ball. These poor kids had no idea on how to play the game. Matt mostly stood on the complete opposite end of the field, as the kids while watching his shadow make cool superhero jumps and moves, meanwhile, I am on the side lines hollering at him to go kick the ball. It was ciaos! I think that the only time that Matt paid any attention to the game and not to his shadow, was when the other team made a goal. He is a poor sport ( like his momma) but he is really not competitive at all. I am very competitive and so is his daddy, but both Chris and myself have brown eyes and dark completions while Matt ended up with blue eyes and is one the whitest white boy alive! Go figure!
This game was so fun to watch and the cute kids eventually figured out how to play the game. Matt's team only had a few goals and the other team had...well, many! Matt said it was okay because he had the most scratches on his knee, so I guess that means he won, way to look at the positive side of things Matty! I think we might have to invest in some knee pads instead of shin guards for my little boy so he can play his version of soccer.

If anyone wants to come watch the games, have a great laugh and a really good time the games are at Unity park in Ivins on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

LOL thats exactly how it was Megan and Kacies first year of soccer. They never really got into it that whole fall but by spring they cared a bit more. They would sit down and roll around on the grass and everything, so I think matt is doing pretty good. I love going to the soccer games and watching my monkeys play it is always so much fun! GOOD JOB MATT!! Every team needs a super hero;)