Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Christmas wish


Yesterday as I was getting Matt ready for school he asked me what my one Christmas wish was, the conversation went like this:
Matt: Mom, what is your one Christmas wish this year?
Mom: It is to not be without you on Christmas, (this year he will spend it with Chris). I want to have Christmas all together, me, you, daddy Tom , daddy Chris and Hallie. Having it all together means nobody has to be without you this Christmas.
Matt: Well you can just come with me to my dads
Mom: well, we can't but do you want to know what Santa told me?
Matt: yes
Mom: he said that since I have been such a good mommy this year and although he couldn't grant my wish he would bring half of your presents to our house and the other half to your dad's. That means I get to have a Christmas with you, dad gets to have you and you get to have double the Christmas.
Matt: (his eyes well up with tears and says) thank you for telling me that. Followed up with a huge hug that I didn't think he was ever going to let go of me.
Little kids are so sweet and so funny. It made my day and I feel so much better about having to be without Matt this Christmas. He is such a special boy and I love him dearly.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Hey is a sweet little boy! With a big big heart! I love you Matty poo!

Kelli said...

I kind of know what that is like. We only get Bill's daughters every other Christmas and it is really hard when we don't have them. He is such a sweet boy, and he will like having two Christmases.

The Freak Parade said...

Okay, now it's my turn to be the blog stalker, give us something new already!

Brianne said...

Oh Man I love your kids!!! They are the BEST!!! Mattie is so dang clever and SMART! And Halles is PRECIOUS!! But I think it comes from their MAMA:)