Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My V Day Surprise

This year for V day Tom and I agreed that since money is tightm, for the moment, we were not going to be doing anything special other than a nice dinner at home and possibly a card. Tom decided that he was going to change the plan and not tell me what he was doing. He planned it all out on his own and even found a sitter for the kids. It took him a couple of tries to find a sitter on V day but thanks to our neighbors Ben and Shelli (thanks guys) he finally found one. He had asked my mom and aunt Jenny if they could but obviously they couldn't, he did tell them what we were going to be doing, so everyone knew but me! I HATE surprises...well I don't hate them I really like them it's just that I hate that there is a surprise for me and I don't know what it is. I am kind of a sneaky girl so I usually try to find out what the surprise is. Tom made me promise that I wouldn't look at the bank account or talk to anyone about it. I was really good, I didn't look at the account or talk to anyone about it. I even had to sit through hint after hint from Tom because he was so excited. He talked about it for weeks and even made me tell him what I thought it could be, I had no idea!

Tom got off early on Saturday, we dropped the kids off and headed towards the freeway, off to Vegas we go. I finally got him to tell me what we the surprise was, and my answer:



The PHANTOM!
I loved it! It was the best surprise and he actually surprised me! It was fabulous! This version was different than others that I have seen...like I have seen so many, just one other play but I did grow up watching the movies and listening to the music. It just felt a little rushed and that things were left out but the effects that they had were amazing. I had goose bumps from start to finish. We had great seats, we were so close to the chandelier, our view in watching it fall was one of the best! I loved it and I hope that everyone gets to go see it. Thanks Tom for the surprise and great V day. I cannot wait to see how you top this for next year...The Phantom on Broadway in New York perhaps?!

2 comments:

The Freak Parade said...

Okay when will sign-ups be for all the other husbands to take the seminar that Tom will be putting on? He even found a babysitter? Besides my husband writing me the letter I've been asking for for the last I don't know how many years/holidays, him planning and arranging a date (even just going to dinner) would be a dream come true! Way to go Tom! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's day too.

Cyndi said...

I am glad you guys had a great time! It is such a great thing to get away every once in awhile to remember why you feel in love in the first place, and when money is tight it seems we get alone time alot less! Good for you guys