
Yep, that's right I was called to be the new Webelos leader. Laugh it up all of you because it IS hysterically funny! When the bishopric called me in to meet with them I was certain that I would be released from primary (since I asked to be released) but I was blindsided by not only not being released but getting a new calling into Webelos. I was a little shocked but so relieved that I was not called into activity days, I am so much better with boys than girls. I accepted the calling although I will say that I was hesitant...VERY hesitant! When I left the bishops office I tried calling Tom but no answer so trying not to have a meltdown I called my parents. My dad answered and with him on the phone I no longer was trying to be a big girl and handle this shock with grace and dignity...I LOST it completely! I don't know if through the phone my mom could hear me or if she saw my dad in a state of panic because his very much grown up daughter was having a complete and total meltdown to him about a subject that came so easily to him. A little disclaimer for my dad, he is the all time GREATEST scout leader. He has been involved with the scouting program for years and would consider himself lucky to be called into Webelos so having me, his, 27 year old daughter loose it to him about scouts was just crazy. He handled the "situation" amazingly. He was able to calm me down to give me reassuring words of advice. He told me of how he felt I should handle the situation and told me how much he loves and cares for me. He also told me the lord loves me as well and obviously there is a reason for me to be called to this calling. I have some talent or ability that I can share with these boys or I need to develop some talent or ability and this calling would help. I got brave and decided to pull it together and once again put on the facade that I was a big girl. I have had about a week and a half to get optimistic about it all and I have to say I was feeling good about it until...I went to my first meeting last night. WOW, this is going to be harder than I thought. I have to teach these boys how to check oil in a car and all sorts of stuff like that (normally this wouldn't be a big deal but I didn't even know that you had to change the oil in your car, my 1st car didn't get the oil changed for at least a year after I got it) I have to teach them all sorts of handy stuff. I don't know how to be handy, I know how to clean and decorate a house but that is not something the Boy Scouts want/need to learn. I am in way over my head. I thought I was alot better with boys than with girls...I think I was wrong!
Please don't think that I am trying to complain, I am grateful for my calling and although I am scared out of my mind I am very excited! The main reason I was having a nervous breakdown is because I already have 2 other callings besides Webelos and I was just feeling a little overwhelmed. I am excited to serve the Lord and learn new things. The boys were super fun and I cannot wait to get to know them better. I just need some advice...how does a girl like me be a leader to the Webelos? I need all the help I can get, any advice?
5 comments:
All I can do is offer my condolences, and wish you well. Your calling makes me thankful to be teaching Relief Society!
I have Activity days and thought I was going to die when they called me I was so scared, mostly of the girls but I LOVE it now. There is this way cute website called sugardoodle.net maybe that will help with some ideas. GOOD LUCK!!
At least you're not in nursery. I must say nose-picking, fart-smelling, obnoxious boys are better than screeching toddlers any day. You'll do wonders and surprise yourself at every turn, wonderwoman!
Congrats Aubs! It will be fun, you love the outdoors remember?! Just keep telling yourself that:) YOu'll do great justlike everything else u put your mind too
Good luck. You will do a good job. Little boys are so much fun!
It looked like you guys had a great time at the lake the other day. I love the picture of Tommy and his little princess.
Post a Comment