Monday, August 17, 2009

Last week was one of the biggest weeks of mine and Matty's life, to date.
Matt started school, in the BIG school where Kaden and Dylan go.
I asked Matty as we were walking into the school if he wanted to hold my hand or if he was too big to hold my hand...his reaction: "no, mommy I am never to big to hold your hand. I love you so much and I will always hold your hand." I about cried right then and there in front of all of his friends and the other mom's who were ALL holding themselves together. I had to be a big girl and not embarrass Matty on his big day. He marched right into his class after prying his hand out of mine which was starting to get all clammy and was turning white from my very tight grasp. I didn't and couldn't to let go. My baby boy goes to the big school and I just have to deal with it. After dropping him off and leaving the school grounds (because I didn't want them to know what I look like in case I ran into them in public, I didn't want to be pointed out as the psycho mom) I immediately called the front office gave them every neighbor, family member and friends phone number I could think of just in case. The secretary laughed at me and said that my phone # and Tom's cell # would be sufficient. I never thought that I would be the crazy mom that freaked out at the thought of her child in school.
Matt told me today that he cannot wait to learn how to read so I NEVER have to read him a story ever again. Great that he wants to learn to read but sad for me my son never wants me to read to him again. What kid doesn't want there mom to read to them?! What a silly boy!




Matty and his teacher Mrs. Moore. We love love love her and are so glad that Matty gets to be in her class and I am so sure that she will be so glad that she gets to have Matty also!


We are so proud of Matty for being such a big boy and being brave! Good luck in your first year at the big school!

6 comments:

Momma said...

We are so proud of Matty too. He is an amazing little fella and always has been so. He is so smart and witty, yet kind and compassionate. We miss him desperately and wish he was going to school up here so we could see all of his adventures too. He has a great momma, thank you for sharing his first day. Love you guys, Grama Connie

Cyndi said...

He is such a big boy! It is so hard to have them grow up, but they all do! I about had a melt down when the girls got on the bus for the first time. It is just crazy

Shelli said...

Yeah for Matt! He is SO ready for school! He'll do great. Just wait until next year when he'll be gone ALL DAY LONG- then you'll really be crying!

P and L said...

NICE JOB MATTY! He looks great and those pictures sure make us miss him. We saw that you popped by our blog and it was good to hear from you and I'm glad I popped over here so we can check up on you from the big city!

We'll keep checking in. Tell Matt we love him!
~p

Amber Lynn said...

Ok I started to tear up a lil just reading that, Its moments like that, that remind you really how sweet our lil guys can be! He is getting so big aubs! What a sweet heart, Good luck to him and the year ahead in school, Tanner was right on the deadline to go to school or stay back a year, I held him back with all of his friends. I hope I made the right decission. Anyways. He is so cute! Miss you girlie! Your the best mom!

Mallory said...

SO cute so cute so cute! I can't believe he's so big! I still remember him wobbling around Connie's kitchen in a little red zip up hoodie, kissing his reflection in the stove...yes, that's how tiny he was! What a big boy! Hopefully he can learn to read fast so he can read to Baby Beck!