Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's official Matty lost his 1st tooth on
August 20th, 2009
What a big day for him. He was outside playing with his cousins and they all came running in the house at the same time yelling that Matty had lost his tooth. I went running because I was afraid that it would be bleeding and if any of you have been around when Matt see's the slightest drop of blood, correction HIS blood, he has a complete and utter meltdown! I ran to him and he was fine. He said to me " mom look it's not even bleedy!" in such a brave boy voice. Thank heavens it didn't bleed so that the in laws wouldn't have to see the meltdown. Matt had handed me the tooth and I turned to ask Cyndi if she had a baggie to put it in I dropped his tooth, YIKES! It was the tiniest tooth I had ever seen and now I dropped it on the floor in the kitchen. Cyndi has the biggest kitchen floor ever and not the best tooth finding lighting. My son loosing his 1st tooth was a milestone and I wanted to keep the tooth and oh ya, the tooth fairy needed it, I forgot that part! I had Cyndi, Barbara, myself and all of the kids down on the ground searching for this tiny tooth that I was now having the meltdown over loosing it. We searched for a good 20-30 minutes and finally FINALLY we found it. What a relief, I didn't ruin everything by being a klutz and the tooth fairy was able to come that night after all, although this tooth fairy just left the money under his pillow with out the haunting words of:
I am the TOOTH FAIRY and SANTA CLAUS here's you (insert potty word here) D*%* dollar!
(to any of you who do not know, my dad said that to me as a NOT so young child and that is how I found out the secret of Santa and the Tooth Fairy. I cried hysterically!)
I was hoping that the tooth would stay intact in his mouth until school pictures were over but I wasn't so lucky. The beginning the awkward school pics have started early for us, although he is the cutest toothless boy I have ever seen.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

YAY! I didn't know your dad did that to you! Maybe he needs a spankin!! LOL hopefullyy our kids believe for a long time

Ashley said...

That's awesome!! A BIG congrats to MATTY!!!

Rebecca said...

What a brave little cutie! Tell him I said congratulations and I hope he is enjoying his tooth fairy money!

Cyndi said...

So Im pretty sure Hallie had a birthday...Im waiting patiently for a post on that:)

Rebecca said...

Hey Aubs,
I lost my cell phone and don't have your number to call you anymore. Please email me your number so we can talk. I miss you and we totally need to get together. All my love to the kids!
My email address is kenglish3@email.phoenix.edu.
Love,
Bec