Sunday, April 3, 2011

Today I made a big break fast, it was Sunday, no church and all we had to do was lay around and watch conference. We were all sitting down to eat but before we eat we ALWAYS say a prayer even if we forget Hallie insists on us saying one (maybe I have taught her something in her short little life). It was Matt's turn to say it and this is a little bit on how it went:


Matt: "and Heavenly Father please bless that my mom will forget to put poison it my food today. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen" (said with a huge smirk on his face)


Hallie: (screaming) "MATT, Jesus is so mad at you! MOM, Jesus is so mad at Matt for saying that. Matt, you need to be nice!"



.......really?!

What is up with our kids and their prayers? I don't get it and really, I now poison my kids?! This just gets better everyday! I may or may not be getting a phone call from the school or possibly some big time authorities knocking at my door if this gets out. I guess once again I do not win the mother of the year award, I can't even teach my kids to say a normal prayer.


SHEESH, this parenting gig is really tough!

(I wouldn't trade it for the world)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE IT! That is so funny...and so Matty! :)

Stephanie said...

OK, we are all laughing over here. And Mary wants to know if that's her arm in the picture of Matt!

aubs said...

Steph, it is Mary's arm. That's so funny, I didn't even realize. We miss you guys!

Shelli said...

Ha ha ha!!! Ben and I LOVE this! That is one clever kid you have there!

Sarah Z said...

You have to admit that it made you laugh & definitely deserves to be written down to go in their scrapbooks! Hallie's response is perfect!

Dave and Mel said...

hey Aubs!! this is a great story and so fun to see your darling family. I hope you are liking it in the wasteland of Utah Valley and just wanted to say "hi" to my old friend :)