Monday, March 7, 2011

1st big hair cut

Our beautiful little Hallie is kind of a nightmare when it comes to her hair. This girl does NOT like her hair to be touched, brushed, curled or even looked at. She is very sensitive about it. I do her hair on a daily basis and it's always a fight so I tel her that if she cannot be a big girl when I am doing her hair we will have to cut it short. This has been a threat for a long time now and every time I tell her that she gets very upset, she LOVES her Punzel (Rapunzel) hair. Well, on Wednesday Cassidy was over at my house coloring my hair when Hallie came home from school and she decided that she was going to cut her hair just like Kamry (her best friend back in ST. George) so she begged, I said no (I know, I know, I threaten but didn't follow through), she begged more so I told her to call Tom (I just knew he'd say no) ...he said yes, she jumped around the house in excitement so how do you tel her no now?! I thought we'd do a little before and after and document the whole thing.

It was so long...why are we cutting it again?!

Sassy girl all ready to cut her hair.


The first cut wow this was hard!
I think it was more traumatic for me than for her.

The curls are gone...it will grow back right?


The after
It looks adorable and she loves it. She tells everyone that she got a hair cut just like Kamry. I'll post more pics when I style it.

5 comments:

Jason and Becky said...

Super cute. Understand about the part it is harder for mom than her. I always threaten Kenzie with short hair since she hates having hers brushed. She is a cutie!!!

Shelli said...

Kamry says "We were looking at pictures of you with your long hair at your new house. And we see you nakey with short hair on mama's big 'puter. We like it short like mine."

Cyndi said...

She is so cute and her hair is adorable! I think it makes her look older. But I can't believe how long it was! I hadn't seen you guys in so long...it really grew! But she is adorable both ways

Sarah Z said...

Holy Cow! Darling blog! The pic up top is super CUTE! So is Hallie's hair cut! Let's hang out again soon...

Stephanie said...

Love her cute haircut!! And I love Kamry's comment about seeing Hallie nakey.