Monday, April 21, 2008

The Shark Reef

We took the kids to the shark reef in Las Vegas one day when Tom had the day off and it was so fun! We have been telling Matt for a while that we would take him, it just took us a year to actually do it. I am not really a big fan of Vegas so I never really want to go (except to go eat at the best sushi place EVER!) and I don't like to take the kids in the casinos but we did it.
The reef was so cool we saw so many different types of sharks and other fish even peronas (sorry I don't know how to spell it and spell check has no idea what I was trying to spell). We walked down the little pathway and the first thing we saw were two huge crocodiles with their big sharp teeth and eyes that followed you everywhere you went, it was creepy!
Then we came to the eels. This is Matt right next to the tank and right before this picture was taken the eel was opening his mouth really wide it looked as if he was going to bite Matt's head off...I know what you are all thinking, that the eel must have a huge mouth to fit Matt's head inside and yes his mouth was ginormous!
We tried to get a picture of the sharks behind us but our camera was either to slow or the sharks were to fast so here ya have it just a picture with Matt and myself with a sharkless background.
Hallie had no idea what was going on she just liked watching the fish and sharks swim past her. I wish she could remember it all but oh well she sure looked cute doing it.

1 comment:

Itty Bitty Scrap Shack said...

How I miss you! I love the pictures! I can't believe how big Matt is and how much Hallie has grown! We need to get together soon before our girls are driving!