Monday, January 5, 2009

Tea Party

A few months back Keirra decided she wanted to have a tea party and was telling Matt who she was going to invite. My name was NOT on that list but Grandma Marianne's was...grandma lives 300 miles away and I live right next door. I decided I was going to put my name on that list so when I told Keirra I was coming she said to me "I guess it's okay if you invite yourself!" so I did. I didn't actually think that it was going to happen until weeks and weeks had gone by and she is still planning and talking about this tea party. This child knows exactly what she wants and will not stop until she gets it. We love our little Keirra, she makes our lives so much happier!
We all dressed you and went over for tea which was apple juice, Matt's favorite, he drank it almost all of it, sorry Shelli. We ate sandwiches and yummy brownies, the brownies were Hallie's personal favorite, I think she ate 5. I liked it all because I love food and the best part was that I didn't have to make it. The tea party was so fun and I hope that Keirra will have another one so that I can invite myself, again.
Me and my two babies at the tea party ready to have a great time!
Just ignore my eyes I don't take pictures very well apparently.
Keirra and Grandma Marianne. Gma Marianne, I think that you just inherited another grand child.


Matt in his tea party hat, we had to improvise because we are not used to going to tea parties and therefore don't have the proper attire so we picked out what best fit Matt's personality and he wore it proudly.

She is the life of the party!
Grandma Marianne in her tea party hat, yes I know she's a little wacky, just look at her hat! We love our Grandma Marianne she is tons of fun. My kids couldn't be any luckier because they have the best grandma in the whole world with the best imagination.
Matt and me drinking our tea and holding our fingers just right

Hallie didn't go to the Tea party for tea she went for the brownies, yummy!

Hallie and me. I tried to get her to wear a hat but she was not having it. A girl has got to wear a hat to a tea party!

all of us at the table enjoying our tea and each others company. After we got done eating and sipping our tea we played Strawberry Short Cake (duck, duck goose) which Grandma Marianne cheated, surprise , surprise and then we colored pictures afterward, I used my coloring time to make a Thank you card so hopefully I'll get invited back for the next one. I will also go buy a hat for myself and Matt so we can be properly dressed for the next one.
Keirra did such a great job at planning the tea party and was such a great little hostess. I hope she'll do it again real soon.








6 comments:

Casey&Mal said...

This is SO cute! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

Cyndi said...

How cute!! What a fun little girl, you guys all look so cute! Your mom looks like one of those wacky crazy grandmas thaat every kid wishes they had! Oh and I loved her hat! You guys look like you had a blast

Anonymous said...

I loved your hats!!!! Every little girls dream is to have a tea party like that one. How cute and thoughtful. Love ya, Shan

The Freak Parade said...

I think that hat looks dang cute on you! And I am not kidding. I think that I should be invited to your next tea party. Tell Matt to tell his friend about his favorite aunt Cassidy and how cool she is!

tikichikadee said...

Your name should be 'mama shenannigans' you are always having so much fun with your kids. I am a terrible playmate for Savanna. She asks me to play ponies and I tell her I'd rather take a nap. I'm taking some pointers, though. You guys are so dang cute!

Shelli said...

Thanks so much for coming to our tea party! Keirra adores you and I think you're pretty great too! You can invite yourself to all of our parties! Just consider this an official invite to all future parties!