Friday, May 22, 2009

After 2 years of preschool my baby boy is heading off to the "BIG SCHOOL", that's what he calls it. We are so proud of Matt and we love him so much!
My mom and Jemima came down for a couple of days to hang out and also to see his graduation program. We had a blast and we are sad that they had to leave
We went swimming and Hallie is a fish just like her older brother!

My mom showed Matt how to dive through the rings (she taught by example and was it hilarious!) so this is him practicing. He loves this new trick.
We took Keirra swimming with us of course, when Gma Marianne is in town Keirra has to come hang out.

Hallie loved to swim with my mom. She was jumping off the side of the pool to her and followed her everywhere. I love this picture of them.
All of the kids had a part in the play, Matt was a pig. He rolled in the mud and Miss Wishy Washy had to give him a bath. He apparently doesn't like taking pretend baths just look at his face.

Matt has this favorite song that he learned in October. It was so cute the 1st 1000 times that I had heard it but after hearing it everyday, multiple times a day, it wasn't so cute anymore. It is a Halloween song and he scares you at the end so I was really getting tired of pretending to be scared but, if I didn't act scared EVERY TIME he would sing it all over again even louder. They sang it for the graduation and boy did he get into it.

Matt had to memorize a nursery rhyme and recite it in front of everyone. He chose to recite Jack be Nimble. I asked him why he chose that particular one and his answer was
"because it was the easiest and shortest". Leave it to my kid to pick the easiest and shortest one, he takes after me I guess. I was still proud of him because he was brave enough to get in front of everyone and say his part. Good job buddy!
Matt, Hallie and myself outside after the graduation...yes I know my hair was out of control it was crazy windy!

Matt's dad, grandma Connie, grandpa John, aunt Marylou, Gma Marianne and Jemima drove all the way down to St. George to watch Matt perform in his preschool graduation. He was so happy to have them all there especially his dad.

Hallie and Colt loved to takes baths together. They have a love/hate relationship...she loves to boss him around but hates him when he played with her toys.
I am so glad that so many people came down to watch and support Matt. He is one of the most loved boys ever. We have an amazing family and we couldn't survive without them. We love you guys!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun! I can't believe how fast he's growing up! It was so good to talk to you today, I miss you like crazy!

Shelli said...

When Matt was getting washed I was laughing! He really didn't want to let Mrs. Wishy-Washy scrub him, but I told him he had to. What a mean teacher!

That diving photo should be entered into a contest! What a shot of him going through the floatie! Thanks for taking Keirra, she had SOOO much fun! And her sunburn turned into a beautiful tan. She told me I could pray to get a tan like hers. It surely would be a miracle if my skin turned as brown as hers!