Saturday, October 24, 2009

Missionary...in trianing?!

Today I was at the baseball fields watching a game when my phone rang, I answered it and it was a Sister Missionary. She introduced herself and told me that we have a new family that was investigating the church and wondered if I could go by their house to introduce myself so when they came to church they would know someone. I of course said I would. It was really strange to me because I have never met the Sisters Missionaries and I have no idea where or how they got my number and/or thought to call me to help them out, don't get me wrong I am very glad they called me to help out. After the ball game was over I drove to this families house and the mom met me at the door. I introduced myself and we immediately hit it off. It was very obvious to me that they don't live the same lifestyle that I do and their beliefs are different that ours but she was so nice. Her niece came out to meet me and she seemed very nice also. We talked for over an hour while my poor kids sat in the car waiting patiently(we were outside the whole time so please don't think I neglect my children and just leave them all alone) so I really feel as if the missionaries were prompted to call me... I don't know why or how but i just feel they were prompted. I started to think why me but I realized why not me? I have a testimony, I love the church and I want everyone to know the truth and have the opportunity in this lifetime to accept the truth. I think I may just have alot to offer this family but I am just not sure of how to go about it. I don't want to come off too strong and make them feel pressured so should I stand back, be the friend and let them make their own decision or do I go and sit in on the lessons with them? I have never helped out in any kind of missionary work and I want to be part of it no matter the outcome. I want this family to be happy and know that they can be together forever and teach them all about Heavenly Father and his plan for us. I truly love his church and I already love this family even though they are almost strangers to me. I really hope that they choose to come to church tomorrow. Please give me your suggestions on how to be an effective missionary (in training) and help this family along the way. If nothing happens out of it as far as the church goes I am so glad that I made a new friend.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Well GOOD LUCK!! That is kinda random that they called you, but deffinately cool:) I have no suggestions on what you should do, but I bet if they were prompted to give YOU a call, then YOU will know what to do and how to do it:) not the rest of us! You go girls and enjoy the new friendship

Unknown said...

That is crazy that they called you out of the blue, but also not crazy because you are perfect for the job. Wow, inspiration! I'm so glad your computer is working again ;)

tikichikadee said...

At laaaaaast...I have missed you! Sometimes 'friend' is a better missionary than any missionary with bottom-line interests that end in the water. :) I love missionaries but sincere friendship and love will do more than 'fellowshipping' under direction. Your example and testimony will glow on you and rub off even if you don't bear it with tears in your eyes.

The Freak Parade said...

That is really neat Aub, I say just be yourself (uh..the nice one of you)and listen to what the spirit tells you to do (and not to the voices in your head:)

Anonymous said...

I think that you were called for a reason. Some one felt that you would do a good job of welcoming this new family into the ward. You are some one that others immediately would like to get to know better. So I think whoever it was that thought of you was very much so inspired.