Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I have been humbled...

So this week I really feel like Heavenly Father has been trying to humble me in the most random ways. If I ever had a question about His sense of humor of if He even has one well, I don't wonder anymore. This is how my past week went.


#1
Tom came home from work the other day and told me that he went to the car wash to get his truck washed. He had to go to 2 different places and they both told him that his truck was too dirty and they wouldn't be able to wash it. Tom is fanatical about his cars and they ALWAYS have to be clean...I mean so clean that your not allowed to breathe on the windows CLEAN! It's crazy! So for his truck to have so much dirt on it that they couldn't even clean it I had to laugh and of course take the opportunity to tease him...immensely. OK so this is where Heavenly Father decided to humble me. I took the kids 4 wheeling in the pathfinder because it had rained the day before so we were splashing in the puddles and flipping mud up all over the place, ya know a little red neck fun never hurt anyone! Well I took it to get washed and guess what, I was told that it was too dirty for them to wash it. The manager came out and told me and also had to move cones so we wouldn't have to go ask all of the 6 cars in line behind me to move...I guess a little red neck fun does hurts someone, thier pride. I was humbled a little.

#2
My friend was telling me how she ran out of gas the other day so once again I took the opportunity to make fun of her because really who runs out of gas these days, the cars have gas lights, it beeps when it gets low and also comes right out and tells you how many miles till empty so really it almost takes talent to run out of gas. Seriously, who runs out of gas?! SO here I am with my car full of kids, Colleen's kids, my friend Rebbecca, her kids oh ya and my kids. We sitting in the drive up window at the bank when all of the sudden my cars starts to spudder and to shake. UH...I am thinking that my tranny is going out when I realize my gas light is on and the needle is buried. Yep, I have talent and I ran out of gas in the drive up window no less with a line of cars behind me. I am so out of gas that the car will not even start. Poor Rebbecca had to get out and push me and all 7 kids still in the car and I had to call Colleen to come rescue us and now her kids don't want to drive with me becasuethey are afraid I will run out of gas again.

WOW, I just need to keep my mouth shut and no longer make fun of people and their situations. I thought the teasing was all in good fun but apparently He feels differently. I hope I learn my lesson really quickly so I no longer have to have awkward situations in public.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

LOL... Thats pretty funny

Unknown said...

I think that is hilarious...but I won't make fun of you or it might happen to me.

Ashley said...

Oh my heck, Aubrey! These are too seriously funny things! You have such Talent! :)

The Freak Parade said...

Yeah teasing someone about their stupidity is how I got Wesley!

Ben & Kim said...

Careful what you say! haha that's so funny. Make fun of more people, i'm getting a kick out of this! Yes, being pregnant explains the random trips to pizza factory in my pj's. Not much sounds good, so if it does, i get it!