Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The other night as we were all sitting around the table to eat dinner I asked Matt what his favorite primary song is. He said it "I love to see the Temple" and he started to sing the song. In the song some of the words are "I'll prepare myself while I am young" so when he was finished singing it I asked him what that means to 'prepare'. He didn't quite understand what I was asking so I rephrased the question to:
"How do you get ready to go to the Temple?"
His response:
" you get up, get dressed, go out to the car and get buckled"
Me: Laughing at...With him I explained that it takes more than just driving to the Temple. You have to be worthy by doing all the things Jesus asks of us (emphasis on listening to and obeying your parents) I did go in to detail but I'll spare you that part of the conversation. So this is a little more about how our conversation went.
ME: So, what do you think Temples are for?
MATT: where people get married
ME: yes, and many other things like baptisms for the dead, do you know what that means?
MATT: um...yeah...I'm just really not that into this, I'm more intothings like bakugans, Snakes, lizards, Star Wars and stuff like that, I'm just really not that into this! (saying this while looking at me like I am the most annoying person ever! How dare I?!)
Wow, I am really excited to have 'THE TALK' after how great this conversation went. I guess I'll just leave that conversation for someone else to have with him.
What a funny boy, it was so hard not to laugh at his reaction. I love him and I am so proud if him and I know that one day he will be more into our conversation about Temple and how to prepare or maybe I 'll just have to bribe him to listen with things like bakugans, Star wars, snakes or Lizards...hee hee hee that is the kind of parent I am
Mother of the year award goes to...ME!
On another note Wesley came to visit a few weeks back and this is how the boys decided one day to entertain themselves.....

Pretty fly for white guys, eh?

They were hysterically funny! We cannot wait till Wes gets to come back.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

I say deffinately YES they are pretty fly for white guys:) Matt is super cute and I love that he'll just tell you right off that he is SO not interested and to STop the conversation:) That is EXACTLY how Doug is and he's 30...so good luck tryin' to get him to change;) I miss you guys and I hope I get to see you all soon...maybe Oct. 1 you guys goin?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Matt is so cute. I am glad that Matt likes that song. It is one of my fav's too. Haley could sooooo sell Coke to the world with that one pic. She is adorable. Love and miss you guys. Hope to see you in Oct.

Love ya, Shanna

Anonymous said...

I'm dying laughing here- tried talking to Jaren about s-e-x and he got all shifty eyed and said "mom, I don't like talking about this stuff-it makes me feel weird." I'm cool with that- we'll try again next year! MISS YOU!