Wednesday, January 12, 2011

family pic

Well, since I am a slacker and have not blogged since September I thought I'd at least put up one of our fam pics so you can see how big the kiddos are getting. Matt is now 7 years old, he is in 1st grade and loving it. He played baseball, football and want ed to play basketball but we found out we are moving so that had to wait. He is doing great in school. He recently gave his 1st talk in primary on Sunday. He was so big and brave. I typed it all out and he read it all by himself although Tom was up there holding pictures for him. This is what his talk:
In the book of Mormon we can read about Lehi and his dream. Lehi dreams about the Tree of Life and the fruit that gives up joy. In his dream he saw many people walking along a path that them to the Tree of life. Some people held on tight to the Iron rod and stayed on the path but others let go of the rod and got lost in darkness. The ones that held on to the Iron Rod followed the path all the way to the Iron rod and ate the fruit. Nephi, Lehi's son prayed about his fathers dream and he also had the same dream. The Spirit taught Nephi that the Tree of Life represents God's love and the Iron Rod represents the scriptures.
The scriptures are the word of God. We need to read the scriptures to hold on tight to the Iron Rod and we will know what Jesus wants us to do.
I was a pretty proud mama. He read that all by himself! I simplified the talk because I was nervous that he wouldn't be able to read it all by himself, I totally downplayed his MAD reading skills!
Hallie is now 3 yrs old. She is a funny little miss attitude. She is 3 going on 16. It's crazy how different boys and girls are. She is constantly dressing up In all my jewelry, shoes and he little tutu's. She is all girl but can be the dirtiest Little tom boy ever. She is talking so much and is able to communicate how she is feeling very well. She is in school and she loves it. This last week at church she was having a hard time in moving up from nursery to sunbeams but we made her go anyway. I was sitting in relief society and had a feeling that I needed to go check on her so i left early and as I was walking out the nursery leader was bringing her to me. Uh... I don't know where both of her Sunbeam teachers were but she apparently escaped from sunbeams and snuck her way into nursery.
For all those who don't know we are moving. We are leaving on the 22nd and will be moving up north to the freezing blizzardy wasteland. Tom got transferred up to the SLC store and is doing great. Tom and I will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary this year which is huge for both of us...neither one of us has made it this long in our past marriages so it's something to celebrate :) We are very sad about moving because we have so many great friends here, we LOVE the school and we love our little house. We will miss it but looking forward to starting new and being close to family (I guess) I am trying to have a positive attitude about moving but I just really don't want to leave. We have been happy here. It will be good because I know that moving up north IS the right thing to do even though I am going kicking and screaming that is where we are supposed to be. Hopefully after we do the BIG move I will not be such a slacker and post more often.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your family picture is so cute! Sorry about Hallie sneaking into nursery. The teachers sent me to look for her and I found her in there, but I thought Tom must have taken her in there. I didn't know she went in there by herself until it was all over. Oops! She wasn't the only one, though. Those sunbeams are having a rough time making the transition. Anyways, I'm so sad you guys are moving...you will be greatly missed. You'll have to come visit lots.

tikichikadee said...

Change is a frightening, wonderful thing. I hope all goes well for you!

Anonymous said...

Jack screamed his way through his first week in Sunbeams...but now he loves it! Which is a HUGE improvement as he screamed through EVERY MINUTE of nursery, he usually just stayed home with Jay. Now he is loving church and Sunbeams! Hooray!
I too am missing Ivins...missing you and Shelli and my kids friends and being WARM. I'm cold ALL THE TIME! We will be in Southern Utah from June 21st-ish until the end of July. PLEASE come down and see us! I need your new address! LOVE YOU!