I had a vanity when I was little and I LOVED it but for some reason we got rid of it. I really wanted one for Hallie's room because let's be serious she loves to look at herself in the mirror especially when she is dancing around in her room so this vanity was perfect! I searched the Internet and found many of them but they were all like $200-500 a piece and I did not want to spend that much well I was driving home when my neighbor behind me had her garage door opened and this baby was just chillin all alone, just tossed aside. I called my neighbor and she was not willing to sell so I just had to wait for another one. Well turns out that my neighbor needed cash so after weeks and months of bugging her to sell the vanity she changed her mind and was willing to sell it to me for anything. I think I gave here like 40 bucks and this princess was all mine. She was in pretty bad shape, really bad shape but with a lot of cleaning, sanding, painting and sparkling it up she is finally in Hallie's room.
I painted her white distressed and added sparkles...Hallie loves barkowees (sparkles) so of course it was a no brainer to add them although they are silver sparkles. I was clearly retarded when i came to the handles. I wanted to changed the handles but didn't realize that handles come in all different sizes and since my vanity was made long long ago they no longer carry handles that size (rookie mistake) so I just re-did the handles with a little modge podge and paint and Wah lah she's almost done. I still have to figure out what I can do for the missing drawer but we moved (boo!) and that has been that last thing on my mind so any suggestions I would love any and all.
I did have before pics that Tom took for me (I hardly ever do before or after pics) but I cannot find them in the plethora of pics we have. Tom wanted me to show off my work so he took it upon himself to take the pics, thanks hun!
What do you think?
I have another project in the works so I will be posting that really soon.
2 comments:
YOu are a CRAZY woman! I need your skill and patience! And your thriftiness:) One day I will recrute you to come make my kids rooms cute:)
Cyndi, anytime! I LOVE to do it and if you trust me I am totally game. There's a great D.I. in Centerville/Bountiful that has tons of great things to redo. I'll make the drive anyday...that's not snowing! Can't wait to see you guys on saturday.
Post a Comment