Ok, so our family might just need a
'Prayer intervention'.
I don't know what we are doing wrong but prayer time in our family means to just say whatever you want to say reverently or not.
Last night once again Matt in his prayers asked for Heavenly Father to bless me that I would stop being a fun hater and also a party pooper. SERIOUSLY?! First, I poison his food and I am now a fun hater and a party pooper? I don't get it, it's all because I didn't want to go roll down a huge hill on a freezing cold night and then have to wash grass stains out of everyone's clothes, not my idea of a 'good time' , but a fun hater, really?!
We obviously need some prayer help and prayer etiquette classes around here. I really did think it was quite funny at first but now I have realized this is serious, I cannot teach my children to be reverent and respectful. This is a problem, any suggestions?
2 comments:
HA HA HA!!!! I agree with Stephanie! Rolling down a hill on a cold night DOES sound fun! You ARE a fun hater!
Seriously though, we have tried a few things that sometimes help. We don't use them all at the same time, each works for a few weeks & then we switch. 1-Reverent stickers awarded to reverent pray-ees after prayers, 2- the most reverent child gets to pray first the next night and 3- a Reverent trophy that is awarded each night to the most reverent child. (the trophy was a real trophy that Ben had fro high school)
On the plus side, you can know that your kids prayers aren't rote- they really think about what they are praying about!
LOL thats awesome!
Post a Comment